The Guide to COVID-19 vaccine communications is part of the United Nation’s Verified initiative. Verified is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, and anyone else about whom we process personal information. We believe you have the right to privacy on the web. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. Who are we?
For purposes of compliance with the law, the entity that is collecting your data is the Verified, Purpose Global PBC, 115 5th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10003. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any contribution you make to us.
Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us e.g. your email address and other personal information when you sign up.
Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Where the law allows us to do so, on occasion we may also collect information (such as your telephone number) from the public domain, either directly or from third parties, and may combine that with the information we currently hold.
The Share Verified website, like most websites, uses “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the createrefresh.eu services or other websites you visit.
You can opt-out of the collection of information for advertising targeting here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
4. How will we use your personal data?
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send you marketing communications relating to Verified and our campaigns, which we think may be of interest to you;
- Conduct research into the impact of our campaigns;
- Show you targeted social media adverts.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- Make petition submissions to third parties, where you have signed the petition and the third party is a target of the campaign to which the petition relates.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Apart from set out in this policy, we will not sell, rent or share your personal data with third party organisations. However we may disclose your information to external suppliers and partners to provide certain services. All partners and suppliers will be screened to ensure they comply with legislation and where required data processing and confidentiality agreements will be in place.
5. Where will my data be stored?
Your information will be stored on computers located within the United States. If you submit your personally identifying information from within the EU, that information will be transmitted outside of the EU to computers located within the United States. The European Commission has evaluated privacy safeguards in countries around the world.
6. How long will you store my data?
We will store your information unless and until one of two conditions is met:
- Purpose Global PBC ceases to exist as a legal entity
- You withdraw your consent for the use and storage of your information
7. How can I learn what information you have?
At any time, you have the right to request a copy of your information from us. You have the right to correct mistakes in this information at any time. Please contact email@example.com for either request.
8. Policy amendments
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the use and storage of your data at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know, and we will delete your information from our systems and confirm this to you in writing.
If you are unhappy with our handling of your data, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know. If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint about our handling of your data with the relevant supervisory authority under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745